1. Name of the Institute: TERI University, New Delhi
2. Name of the Programme: Master’s in Sustainable Development Practice (MA-SDP)
3. Duration: 2 Years
4. No. of Seats: 30
5. Brief write-up on the Programme: The MA (Sustainable Development Practice) seeks to address a critical gap in sustainable development education in a region where such capacity creation is most required. The programme is designed based upon the recommendations of the global situation analysis of development training programmes undertaken during 2007–08 by the International Commission on Education for Sustainable Development Practice. The programme aims to provide rigorous post-graduate training for a new generation of development experts.
6. Eligibility: An undergraduate degree (Honours or equivalent) in a related field of study (environmental sciences, engineering, economics, social sciences, health sciences and law) from an internationally recognized institution, of 6 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by TERI University, wherever letter grades are awarded, or 55% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters of the qualifying examinations), wherever marks are awarded. Appropriate English language proficiency is required.
7. Selection Criteria: Admission to this programme will be on the basis of previous academic record and statement of purpose (as filled in the application form), a short essay (on a topic which will be given on the spot on the day of interview) and an interview. Candidates selected on the basis of statement of purpose and past academic performance will be called for a personal interview in the last week of May.
8. Programme Fee: For the two year programme, the total tuition fee is Rs. 250,000/- payable in two installments of Rs. 125,000 each. Admission charges are in addition to the tuition fee.
9. Tentative Months related to Admissions:
Issue of Application Forms: March
Submission of Filled-in Application Forms: May
Interview Date/Week: May
Course Commencement: July
10. Contact Details:
10, Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi – 110070.
Phone No.: (011) 2612 2222
Fax No.: (011) 2612 2847
11. URL (for MA-SDP): http://www.teriuniversity.ac.in/index.php?option=com_program&task=program&sno=24
Click here to check Admission Notification for Master’s in Sustainable Development Practice (MA-SDP).
Click here to read Admission related Interview with Dr. Arabinda Mishra, Dean, Faculty of Policy & Planning, TERI University, New Delhi.