1. Name of the Institute: TERI University, New Delhi
2. Name of the Programme: MBA (Infrastructure)
3. Duration: 2 Years
4. No. of Seats: 30
5. Brief write-up on the Programme: The MBA (Infrastructure) programme encompasses a comprehensive and well-structured two-year curriculum designed specifically to provide specialized training in the concepts and skills involved in the infrastructure service delivery, regulatory process, and competition policy, as well as helping the managers understand regulation from technical, economic, social, legal and political perspectives. The programme is open to both mid-career professionals and fresh graduates. For mid-career professionals from regulated utilities, regulatory bodies, and consultancies, the course allows them the flexibility to take up a research/thesis-based curriculum. It is mandatory for such students to undertake course work in the first year. In the second year, students will have to write a thesis and defend it at the end of the year. For graduates without work experience, course work will extend to 1½ years (3 semesters) followed by one semester of project work.
6. Eligibility: The two-year MBA (Infrastructure) is offered to students in two optional streams.
Stream I: For graduates without work experience.
Stream II: For graduates with work experience.
Eligibility for Stream I
(i) Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA with English and Mathematics as subjects at least till 10+2. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree / awaiting results can also apply.
Eligibility for Stream II
(ii) Graduates with a minimum of two years experience in any of the following sectors namely, government, regulatory bodies, industry, research / academic institutions, donor / consultant organizations.
7. Selection Criteria: Candidates will be shortlisted based on the basis of CAT/GMAT/MAT score. Selection from shortlisted candidates will be on the basis of group discussions and interviews to be conducted by the University at New Delhi.
8. Sponsored Candidates: Candidates working in the Industry/Government can also apply for MBA (Infrastructure) programme. All those who satisfy the minimum qualifications mentioned above may be admitted to the programme on the basis of an interview. These candidates are required to submit, at the time of interview, a sponsorship certificate from their employer on a proper letterhead, stating that for the period of his/her study at the University, the candidate will be treated as on duty with usual salary and allowances, and that he/she will be fully relieved for the period of study for pursuing his/her studies.
9. Programme Fee: Total fee payable at the time of admission is Rs. 90,550/-. Tuition fee for sponsored candidates will be 2.5 times that for non-sponsored candidates. Foreign students will be required to pay a fee of US $ 6000 per semester. In addition, a one-time fee of Rs. 9,650/- and a refundable deposit of Rs. 3,500/- will be required to be paid in rupees.
10. Tentative Dates/Months related to Admission:
Issue of Application Forms: February
Submission of Filled-in Application Forms: April
GD/Interview Date/Week: May
Course Commencement: July
11. Contact Details:
10, Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110070 (India).
Telephone: +91-11-2612 2222
Fax: +91-11-2612 2874
12. URL (for MBA Infrastructure): http://www.teriuniversity.ac.in/index.php?option=com_program&task=program&sno=7
13. Download Program Brochure by clicking this link - MBA (Infrastructure)