1. Name of the Institute: TERI University, New Delhi
2. Name of the Programme: PG Diploma in Renewable Energy (Distance Learning Programme)
3. Duration: 1 Year/2 Years
4. No. of Seats: Flexible
5. Brief write-up on the Programme: TERI University offers a one year PG Diploma Programme in Renewable Energy and a two-year Advanced PG Diploma in Renewable Energy through the distance mode for working professionals/ fresh engineering graduates.
The Programmes, offered by the Department of Energy and Environment, aim to build skilled professionals who can tackle practical problems of design and development for industrial applications and also, pursue academic research. The courses are designed to teach working professionals/graduates not only renewable energy technology and implementation, but also topics in the equally important synergetic sectors of energy infrastructure, energy economics, and energy conversion technologies.
The two-year advanced PG diploma programme is in collaboration with the UK Open University and is supported by UKEIRI. At the end of one year of study, participants may opt out in which case they will be awarded a one-year PG diploma (Renewable Energy).
6. Eligibility: A degree in Mathematics/ Physical Science/ Technology or equivalent with minimum cumulative grade point average of 6.0 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by TERI University, wherever letter grades are awarded, or 55% marks in aggregate (of all years/semesters of the qualifying examinations) wherever marks are awarded.
7. Selection Criteria: Selection is based on shortlisting done on the basis of previous academic records and work experience. This may be followed by an interview, if required.
8. Sponsored Candidates: Candidates working in the industry/government are encouraged to apply for the programme. An NOC (no objection certificate)/ sponsorship letter from the employer will be required at the interview.
9. Programme Fee: Total fee payable at the time of admission is Rs. 31,450/-.
10. Tentative Dates/Months related to Admission:
Issue of Application Forms: February
Submission of Filled-in Application Forms: May
Declaration of Test Results: June
Course Commencement: End of July
11. Contact Details:
10, Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110070 (India).
Telephone: +91-11-2612 2222
Fax: +91-11-2612 2874
12. URL (for PG Diploma in Renewable Energy): http://www.teriuniversity.ac.in/index.php?option=com_program&task=program&sno=20