2. Name of the Programme: M.Sc. Environment Management
3. Duration: 2 Years
4. No. of Seats: 38 (Indian Nationals) + 2 (Foreign Nationals)
5. Brief write-up on the Programme: This programme equips the students with the skills to understand and utilize practical aspects of Economics and Ecology as it applies to Environmental Management. The programme develops skills of students to analyze environmental policy within ecologically sustainable framework and economic mechanisms. The programme begins with a foundation course in Ecology and Environmental Science. Other topics covered are Ecosystem Analysis & Environmental Impact Assessment, Environmental Physics & Biogeochemistry, Conservation & Restoration Ecology, Environmental Pollution & Health Management, Environmental Microbiology & Biotechnology, Environmental Law, Environmental Economics & Sociology, Water Pollution Monitoring & Management, Air Pollution Monitoring & Management, Biodiversity Monitoring & Management, Environmental Hazards & Risk Management, and projects on the topics that are contemporary in nature.
6. Eligibility: Three years Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Basic or Applied Sciences OR Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry or Agriculture OR B.E./B.Tech. in Environment Science. Candidates having 50% or above marks in general category and 45% marks for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes may apply.
7. Selection Criteria: Candidates are selected in order of merit on the basis of multiple-choice objective-type Written Test held at a number of centres across the country.
8. Reservation of Seats: Out of the above-mentioned, following seats are reserved for:
(a) SC/ST: 15% and 7.5% respectively
(b) Reservation to OBC: Will be provided as per the policy of GOI
(c) Handicapped (without mobility restriction & partial deafness): 1 seat in M.Sc. Environment Management
(d) ICFRE Employee: 5 seats in M.Sc. Environment Management
9. Tentative Dates/Months related to Admission:
Issue of Application Forms: January
Last Date for Issue of Application Forms: March
Submission of Filled-in Application Forms: April
Admission (Written Test): May
I & II Counseling: July
Course Commences: July
10. Contact Details:
Mr. T. C. Nautiyal,
Forest Research Institute (FRI) University,
(Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education),
P.O. IPE, Kaulagarh Road,
Dehradun – 248195 (Uttarakhand).
Telephone: + 91-135-2751826
11. URL (for M.Sc. Environment Management): http://fri.icfre.gov.in/index.php?linkid=sublnk48t345&link=1
Website: http://fri.icfre.gov.in / http://www.icfre.gov.in