2. Name of the Programme: M.Sc. Forestry
3. Duration: 2 Years
4. No. of Seats: 38 (Indian Nationals) + 2 (Foreign Nationals)
5. Brief write-up on the Programme: This programme offered by FRI University is conducted through conventional lectures and practicals as well as through excursions and interactions. The programme has been structured to train students in both basic forestry and new & more relevant disciplines of the subject as well. The students are also trained in courses like GIS and Remote Sensing, Wildlife Management & Protection, Eco-Development & Tourism, Marketing Systems and Project Formulations to supplement the already existing syllabus that includes traditional streams of forestry like Silviculture, Diseases & Pest Management, Forest Mensuration, Agro- and Social-Forestry Systems and their models, Forest Biology, Forest Soils, Forest Ecology, etc.
6. Eligibility: Three years Bachelor’s degree in Science with at least one of the subjects namely Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry. Candidates having 50% or above marks in general category and 45% marks for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes may apply.
7. Selection Criteria: Candidates are selected in order of merit on the basis of multiple-choice objective-type Written Test held at a number of centres across the country.
8. Reservation of Seats: Out of the above-mentioned, following seats are reserved for:
(a) SC/ST: 15% and 7.5% respectively
(b) Reservation to OBC: Will be provided as per the policy of GOI
(c) Handicapped (without mobility restriction & partial deafness): One seat in M.Sc. Forestry
9. Tentative Dates/Months related to Admission:
Issue of Application Forms: January
Last Date for Issue of Application Forms: March
Submission of Filled-in Application Forms: April
Admission (Written Test): May
I & II Counseling: July
Course Commences: July
10. Contact Details:
Forest Research Institute (FRI) University,
(Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education),
P.O. IPE, Kaulagarh Road,
Dehradun – 248195 (Uttarakhand).
Dr. V. R. R. Singh
Dean (Academic) & Head, Silviculture Division
Telephone: + 91-135-2752682
Mr. T. C. Nautiyal
Telephone: + 91-135-2751826
11. URL (for M.Sc. Forestry): http://fri.icfre.gov.in/index.php?linkid=sublnk48t345&link=1