2. Name of the Programme: M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology
3. Duration: 2 Years
4. No. of Seats: 38 (Indian Nationals) + 2 (Foreign Nationals)
5. Brief write-up on the Programme: This programme covers theoretical and practical aspects of Wood Utilization for Industries and Wood Science & Technology, such as Anatomical Structure, Wood Physics, Wood Chemistry, Timber Mechanics, Adhesives, Saw Milling, Seasoning, Preservation Working & Finishing, Plywood, Particle & Fibre-Board, Reconstituted Structural Timber, Energy Usage, Processing & Use of Plantation Grown Wood, Wood Biodegradation, Statistics & Computer Applications. The course includes a 4-month dissertation on a problem of industrial nature.
6. Eligibility: Three years Bachelor’s degree with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry OR B.Sc. degree in Forestry. Candidates having 50% or above marks in general category and 45% marks for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes may apply.
7. Selection Criteria: Candidates are selected in order of merit on the basis of multiple-choice objective-type Written Test held at a number of centres across the country.
8. Reservation of Seats: Out of the above-mentioned, following seats are reserved for:
(a) SC/ST: 15% and 7.5% respectively
(b) Reservation to OBC: Will be provided as per the policy of GOI
9. Tentative Dates/Months related to Admission:
Issue of Application Forms: January
Last Date for Issue of Application Forms: March
Submission of Filled-in Application Forms: April
Admission (Written Test): May
I & II Counseling: July
Course Commences: July
10. Contact Details:
Mr. T. C. Nautiyal,
Forest Research Institute (FRI) University,
(Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education),
P.O. IPE, Kaulagarh Road,
Dehradun – 248195 (Uttarakhand).
Telephone: + 91-135-2751826
11. URL (for M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology): http://fri.icfre.gov.in/index.php?linkid=sublnk48t345&link=1