2. Name of the Programme: Post Masters Diploma in Natural Resource Management
3. Duration: 1 Year
4. No. of Seats: 24
5. Brief write-up on the Programme: With the beginning of the 21st century, the era of specialization set in, particularly while managing the delicate balance of nature and utilization of natural resources. In this course, the emphasis is on sustainable utilization of renewable natural resources, both of plant & animal origin. The course is covered in two semesters spread over a year and contains all aspects of natural resource utilization and conservation. Students will also be sent to paper mills and other Institutes for educational training during the 1st and 2nd semester for 1-2 weeks.
6. Eligibility: M.Sc. in any discipline. Candidates having 50% or above marks in general category and 45% marks for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes may apply.
7. Selection Criteria: Candidates are selected in order of merit on the basis of multiple-choice objective-type Written Test held at a number of centres across the country.
8. Reservation of Seats: Out of the above-mentioned, following seats are reserved for:
(a) SC/ST: 15% and 7.5% respectively
(b) Reservation to OBC: Will be provided as per the policy of GOI
(c) ICFRE Employee: 5 seats in Post Masters Diploma in Natural Resource Management
9. Tentative Dates/Months related to Admission:
Issue of Application Forms: January
Last Date for Issue of Application Forms: March
Submission of Filled-in Application Forms: April
Admission (Written Test): May
I & II Counseling: July
Course Commences: July
10. Contact Details:
Mr. T. C. Nautiyal,
Forest Research Institute (FRI) University,
(Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education),
P.O. IPE, Kaulagarh Road,
Dehradun – 248195 (Uttarakhand).
Telephone: + 91-135-2751826
11. URL (for Post Masters Diploma in Natural Resource Management): http://fri.icfre.gov.in/index.php?linkid=sublnk48t345&link=1