2. Name of the Programme: Internship Programme
3. Duration: The duration of the internship will be:
4. Number of Seats: The number of seats for the internship programme will be limited to a maximum of about 50 positions per year, with distribution specified for various divisions for the Internships for sessions commencing May and December months, respectively. These positions will be advertised in WWF-India’s website www.wwfindia.org during the month of February for the May session and in the month of August for December session, every year.
5. Brief write-up on the Programme: In order to attract motivated and talented students and other interested individuals to work in the fields of conservation, the WWF-India has initiated an Internship Programme (IP). The objective of the internship programme is two fold, viz.,
- to provide a framework by which graduate and post-graduate students, from diverse academic backgrounds may work in the organization for a short period of time to enhance their educational experience through practical work assignment; and
- to provide the different institutes staff members with the assistance of highly motivated and talented students to execute work in key thematic areas in wildlife conservation. Under IP, interns with good analytical and research aptitude and capable of hard and diligent work under the guidance of Institute’s faculty will be selected.
- Students studying in recognized colleges, universities and institutions of higher learning are eligible to apply for the Internship Programme.
- Applications for the Internship Programme must be duly forwarded by the Principal/Dean/Registrar of the College/University/Institution, in which the student is currently studying.
- A commitment of at least one month internship and full time work from the intern.
7. Topics/ Project for Work by Interns: All Divisions of WWF-India, willing to take interns during the summer (May-July) and winter (December-January) Internship Programmes, will intimate the Topics/Projects, along with the TOR by 31 January and 31 July every year to the HR Division of WWF-India. HR Division will put these inputs on WWF website for information of the students interested in internship to enable them to decide on their area of interest.
8. What’s Expected of the Intern:
- The interns will be required to keep a weekly journal to record activities, reactions, insights and/or linkages to theoretical perspectives noting the date and times at setting.
- A 15-20 page paper will be required at the end of the internship, describing in detail the internship experience, evaluation of personal growth as well as address any relevant theoretical and/or applied issues. A five minutes presentation to the WWF stakeholders, on the project work done by them is also required from the intern at the end of Internship.
9. Selection Process:
a) The duly filled-in application form for the Internship Programme in the prescribed format shall be sent by the students to the HR Department:
By E-mail: E-mail the application as an attachment to: email@example.com.
By Post: Address the application form to:
Director-HR & Manpower Development,
Lodhi Estate, New Delhi – 110003.
b) A committee, comprising of the Director-HR and two Programme Directors so nominated, will select the candidates for the Internship Programme and recommend the names for approval of the Secretary General & CEO.
10. Foreign Students: The foreign students could also apply for internship, on the projects, related to conservation activities in various Divisions of WWF, at Secretariat or in Programme Offices outside India. The process for submission of applications, provision of inputs from WWF Divisions to HR Dept. on various possible projects for foreign students and the intern selection process will remain the same, as for internal candidates. However, if any regulatory issues will arise with regard to internship by foreign students, the same will be met by HR Division.
11. Stipend: Suitable stipend will be considered for payment, as appropriate to the qualification and task for the intern. This will be intimated at the time of the finalization of internship.
12. Contact Details:
Director – HR & Manpower Development,
Human Resources Department,
172-B, Lodhi Estate,
New Delhi – 110003.
13. URL (For Internship Programme): http://www.wwfindia.org/work_with_us/internship.cfm