2. Name of the Programme: Master of Planning (Environmental Planning)
3. Duration: 2 Years.
4. No. of Seats: 40
5. Brief write-up on the Programme: Environmental Planning degree programme is specially designed to train students in methods for scientific evaluation of various factors for planning environmentally sustainable development of human settlements and regions. Environmental considerations at the planning stage would prevent many of the degradations that result later on. Land use planning, to be meaningful, has to take cognizance of the legislation enacted in the field of environment as well as advanced techniques and tools currently available for analyzing and predicting environmental problems.
6. Eligibility: Candidates with at least 55 percent marks in aggregate at the qualifying examination (50 percent in respect of SC/ST candidates) are eligible.
Qualifying exam could be Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or Architecture or Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering from a recognized university or equivalent, or Master’s Degree in Geography or Economics or Sociology from a recognized university or equivalent.
Candidates who have appeared in the prescribed qualifying examinations and whose results have not yet been declared may also apply.
7. Selection Criteria: Selection is on the basis of Written Test and Interview.
8. Sponsored Candidates: Candidates sponsored by Central Government, State Governments, Statutory Organizations and Public Institutions, must be in regular service. Sponsored candidates fulfilling admission requirements may be asked to appear for interview and test on the dates notified along with non-sponsored private candidates.
Educational qualifications are those as prescribed above with at least 55% marks in aggregate or more at the qualifying examinations, and the candidate must have minimum of 2 years full time work experience in an educational and research institution or any government department or government autonomous organization in the relevant field in which admission is being sought. Minimum percentage of marks may be waived for those who are working as faculty in academic institutions and have joined the service before 28th February 1989.
9. Programme Fee:
- Course Fee: Rs. 39,100 per annum including refundable deposit of Rs. 10,000
- Hostel Fee: Rs. 16,100 per annum including refundable deposit of Rs. 6,000
- Mess Charges: Rs. 5,500 per annum including refundable deposit of Rs. 2,000
10. Tentative Dates/Months related to Admission:
- Issue of Application Forms: April
- Submission of Filled-in Application Forms: June
- Announcement of Results: June
- Course Commencement: July
11. Contact Details: