Located in National Capital Region (NCR), Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH) is one of the top MBA colleges to study in India. It was established in 1988 under the aegis of the Birla Academy of Art and Culture, and supported by Birla Group of Companies.
BIMTECH is approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Government of India; also accredited by National Board of Accreditation for 5 years which is the highest quality mark of accreditation by NBA. The PGDM is approved to be equivalent to MBA by AICTE and AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
BIMTECH offers post graduate academic programmes as well as consultancy and training in Business Management, Insurance Management, International Business and Retail Management, and Sustainable Development. It also offers Doctorate in few areas of Business and Management and publishes related research journals, reports and books.
India Centre for Public Policy (ICPP), an academic centre and think-tank, is the latest development at BIMTECH for promotion of research and debate on policy issues in business and society. ICPP aims to create research base documents, engage in advocacy for development and public policy and develop a professional workforce leading to public policy, sustainable development and inclusive growth in the country.
A survey conducted by ICPP revealed that in India there is an acute need of professionals to carry forward the agenda of sustainable development and inclusive growth, and hence, PGDM-Sustainable Development Practices was launched at BIMTECH.
2. About PGDM-Sustainable Development Practices (PGDM-SDP):
The two-year programme on Sustainable Development Practices is robustly designed to address current and the potential future needs of corporate and the development sector. The programme offers highly focused courses in health economics, environmental science, energy management, social science consulting & business modeling, project management, corporate social responsibility, sustainability measurement tools, and green supply chain management. The graduates of this programme may be looked as experts who will address the technical issues of social development and provide practical and feasible solutions.
Click here to Download PGDM-SDP Brochure for more details.
3. Programme Objectives:
- To provide knowledge and skill sets to aspiring professionals to understand, analyze and lead change towards a sustainable future and responsible business for nation and world
- To produce expert practitioners for development practices in national and international developments
- To produce a critical mass of professionals to be employed by national and international research and advocacy agencies, corporate, NGOs, donor agencies, and governments working with ethos and sustainable development
4. No. of Seats: 30
5. Eligibility: Any Graduate (10 + 2 + 3) with 50% marks can apply. Professionals from development area will get an additional consideration.
6. Selection Criteria: CAT-2011 / MAT (Sep. 2011, Dec. 2011, Feb. 2012) / XAT-2012 / GMAT OR other prominent national/international level management exams + Group Discussion + Personal Interview + Write-Up
7. How to Apply / Admission Procedure: Click here to learn how to procure and fill the Application Form.
8. Programme Fees:
- Merit-based Candidates: INR 5,00,000/-
- Corporate Sponsored Candidates: INR 9,00,000/-
- NRI Candidates: INR 9,00,000/-
- NRI Sponsored Candidates: INR 9,00,000/-
Last Date for Submission of Application Forms: May 20, 2012
9. Contact Details: