Institute Profile: Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), Greater Noida
Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH) was established in 1988 under the aegis of the Birla Academy of Art and Culture, and supported by Birla Group of Companies. Dr. (Smt.) Sarala Birla, Chairperson of Birla Academy and Syt. B. K. Birla, Chairperson of B. K. Birla Group of Companies, are the founders of the business school. The Board of Governors is comprised of eminent people from industry and headed by Smt. Jayashree Mohta, Vice Chairperson, Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Kolkata.
Birla Institute is approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Government of India; also accredited by National Board of Accreditation for 5 years which is the highest quality mark of accreditation by NBA. The PGDM is approved to be equivalent to MBA by AICTE and AIU (Association of Indian Universities). It is also member of Association of Commonwealth Universities, UK, along with AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development). There are several other national and international bodies which approve or accredit various programmes of BIMTECH for its industry and academic rigor like CII, UK; III, India; LOMA, USA, etc.
BIMTECH has been ranked 7th among top private B-schools as per CNBC-TV18 Cfore B-school Survey 2012. The large faculty pool of BIMTECH with academic and practice professors has given an exciting learning environment and life to the students and participants. It has very senior professionals and highly recognized academicians in the pool.
About India Centre for Public Policy (ICPP)
India Centre for Public Policy (ICPP), an Academic Centre and Think Tank, is the latest development at BIMTECH for promotion of research and debate on policy issues in business and society.
ICPP aims to create research base documents, engage in advocacy for development and public policy and develop a professional workforce leading to public policy, sustainable development and inclusive growth in the country. One of its objectives is to conduct action research in the areas and provide policy inputs to national and international policy institutions and governments, public and private sector organizations, donor agencies and international and national NGOs. ICPP aims at reducing the gap between various stakeholders of the society in policy making and governance theory and practices.
ICPP Advisory Board
- Padma Vibhushan Shri M. N. Venkatachaliah, Former Chief Justice of India (Special Honorary Invitee)
- Padma Bhushan Dr. U. R. Rao, Chairman PRL Council, Government of India
- Shri Shakti Sinha, Chief Secretary, Andaman & Nicobar, India
- Dr. Abu Saleh, Senior Fellow, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), USA
- Prof. Y. R. K. Reddy, Consultant – Global Corporate Governance Forum and Founder – Academy of Corporate Governance
Academic Block, BIMTECH, Greater Noida
Various Courses Offered by BIMTECH
BIMTECH offers post graduate academic programmes as well as consultancy and training in Business Management, Insurance Management, International Business and Retail Management, and Sustainable Development. It also offers Doctorate in few areas of Business and Management and publishes related research journals, reports and books.
About PGDM (Sustainable Development Practices)
Due to paradigm shift in conducting business, B-schools have to create a space for preparing professionals well-versed with the intricacies of public policy and sustainable development practices. Its urgency was also highlighted by an International Commission on Education for Sustainable Development Practice (ICESDP), supported by the MacArthur Foundation and based at The Earth Institute, Columbia University. A survey conducted by ICPP covering about 100 thought-leaders and development practitioners also revealed that in India there is an acute need of professionals to carry forward the agenda of sustainable development and inclusive growth. Such trained persons are expected to play an important and effective role in the corporate, development sector, international and national organizations, research agencies and media, and public organizations. Students and practitioners pursuing PGDM in Sustainable Development Practices (SDP) at BIMTECH will get challenging and meaningful opportunities for employment with a diverse range of institutions and organizations.
- Participation in the Global Teaching Programme from Columbia University and sharing of academic resources
- Strong academic rigor facilitated by national and international professors and area Experts
- Intensive field work of six months (in total) with pre-determined objectives
- An opportunity to study in another university under the exchange programme
- An opportunity to participate in panel discussions, workshops and seminars at national and international levels
- Field exposure before start of the session in remote regions of India to facilitate practical understanding of issues at hand
- A number of scholarships are available for the deserving and performing candidates