2. Name of the Programme: Advanced PG Diploma in Renewable Energy (Distance Learning Programme)
3. Duration: 2 Years
4. No. of Seats: Flexible
5. Brief write-up on the Programme: The Advanced PG Diploma in Renewable Energy is designed to provide postgraduate training in the area of Renewable Energy through distance learning mode. The programme is suitable for working professionals / fresh graduates from a range of engineering and related disciplines. It has been specifically designed to meet the needs of an expanding renewable and sustainable energy industry in India and abroad.
A wide range of advanced and relevant topics are covered in the programme. It consists of 11 modules spanning three semesters. During the fourth semester, students will finish a major project. At the end of each semester, students are required to come to the study centre for face-to-face interaction with faculty members and for site visits, experiments and end-semester exams. The programme has been developed jointly by TERI University and the U.K. Open University with assistance from UKIERI.
Students can choose to exit the programme after one year. In such a case if the student has successfully completed the requirements of the first and second semesters, he/she will be awarded a ‘PG Diploma in Renewable Energy’.
6. Eligibility: A bachelors degree in Mathematics / Physical Science / Technology or equivalent with minimum cumulative grade point average of 6.0 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by TERI University, wherever letter grades are awarded, or 55% marks in aggregate (of all years/semesters of the qualifying examinations) wherever marks are awarded.
7. Sponsored Candidates: Candidates working in the industry/government are encouraged to apply for the programme. An NOC (no objection certificate)/ sponsorship letter from the employer will be required at the interview.
8. Programme Fee:
- Non-sponsored Candidates: INR 26,450/-
- Sponsored Candidates: INR 56,450/-
- Non-sponsored Foreign Candidates: INR 1,52,550/-
Click here for Fee Details.
9. Contact Details:
10. URL (for Programme): http://elearn.teriuniversity.ac.in/showcat.php?itemid=1&id=7