2. Name of the Programme: Certificate Course on Climate Change and Sustainability
3. Duration: 3 Months
4. No. of Seats: 20 Seats
5. Brief Write-up on the Programme: Indian Environmental Society (IES), a non-profit development organization which is promoting Environmental Improvement Initiatives in India since 1972, is offering three-months Certificate Course on Climate Change and Sustainability with the aim to provide an integrated multidisciplinary study of a wide range of environment related issues and their management.
This course provides an overview of the key concepts and principles in environmental management, areas of global and national climate change, and strategies and tools for sustainable development. It is an attempt to understand the genesis of environmental problems; the concerns that lead to various international and national initiatives to tackle them have been made in this course. Various tools, which can be used to address environmental problems and the role that the professionals can play in managing environment in their respective areas would be discussed.
The course has six modules and minimum two modules have to be done by an individual participant for the completion of the Certificate Course.
- Energy and Climate Change Law and Policy
- Environmental Hazards and Disasters
- Global Climate Trends
- Climate Change and Sustainable Practices
- Developing Sustainable Communities
- Climate Change and Kyoto Protocol
6. Who Should Attend: The programme would be useful for academicians, students, teachers, local level/state level urban development authorities, urban planners/mangers, and local level policymakers, professionals from ministries, private sector employees, consultants, NGOs and experts.
7. Programme Fee: Registration can be done for each module individually.
- Rs. 3000/- for each module for participants nominated from academic institutions and government agencies.
- Rs. 5000/- for participants from industries and independent consultants.
Number of registrations is restricted to 20 students. Admission is based on first come, first serve basis.
8. Useful Links for Further Information: