2. Name of the Programme: Leadership Programme on Nutrition Security and Sustainable Development (LPNSSD) (Online Programme)
3. Duration: Minimum Duration – 1 Month. Maximum Duration – 6 Months.
4. No. of Seats: Flexible
5. Brief Write-up on the Programme: The Leadership Programme on Nutrition Security and Sustainable Development (LPNSSD) programme is intended to sensitize and guide policy and programme leaders to rely more on evidence-based programming for achieving nutrition security and sustainable development.
The special feature of this programme is its conceptualization and development in collaboration with the Coalition for Sustainable Nutrition Security in India (‘the Coalition’). The Coalition, chaired by Prof. M. S. Swaminathan, is a group of public and private sector leaders, NGOs, Media and Academia, who have united in an effort to improve nutrition security, ensuring that every Indian has access to a balanced diet, safe drinking water, environmental hygiene, sanitation, and primary healthcare.
The Coalition has developed and committed itself to a Leadership Agenda for Action. The Leadership Agenda for Action highlights the urgent need to address high levels of malnutrition in India. It has developed recommendations for priority actions based on evidence and programming experience and helps build awareness, capacity and commitment among policy and programme leaders for implementation of the recommendations.
The programme is designed based on the Leadership Agenda for Action and undertakes to review the current situation in India, the complex causes of poor nutrition, and evidence of what works to improve nutrition.
The Leadership Course on Nutrition Security and Sustainable Development programme shall be available online on SAVE (Sustainable Action and Virtual Education) platform. It is a complete virtual learning environment suite covering all activities from registration to certification.
6. Eligibility: The programme is open to candidates who are graduates or equivalent in any discipline from any recognized University. There is a special focus on candidates working in the health and nutrition sector, including policy makers and programme implementers, civil society and public health nutrition professionals.
7. Programme Fee:
A. Course Fee
- For Indian Applicants: Rs. 600/-
- For Foreign National: US $ 40
- For Foreign National Residing in India: US $ 40
B. Examination Fee: US $ 10 (For All Applicants)
8. Useful Links for Further Information: