2. Name of the Programme: Post Graduate Diploma in Sustainability Science (PGDSS) (Online Programme)
3. Duration: Minimum Duration – 1 Year. Maximum Duration – 4 Years.
4. No. of Seats: Flexible
5. Brief Write-up on the Programme: Sustainability Science is defined as the study of dynamic interactions between nature and society. For planet Earth, humanity, and all other living beings at crossroads, the most urgent need is to reconcile environment and development in a mutually-reinforcing manner, in view of the ever-increasing “ecological footprint” and constantly reducing “biocapacity”.
The PG Diploma in Sustainability Science, an inter- and multidisciplinary programme, has contents drawn from environmental sciences, ecology, economics, anthropology, humanity and social sciences. The ethics, economics, equity, energy, employment and education are the basic components, and the issues concerning population, anthropogenic pressure on planet Earth, the threats such as climate change, free but not fairtrade, etc., have also been addressed. Emphasis on essential policy requirements has been made with reference to the ecological, social and economic dimensions of sustainable development.
- All graduates from social and natural sciences streams.
- Policymakers, administrators, scientists and educators as well as general public interested in paradigm shift from the present unsustainable to sustainable development.
7. Student Support Activities: PGDSS programme shall be available online on the SAVE (Sustainable Action and Virtual Education) Platform. It is a complete virtual learning environment suite covering substantial activities of teaching-learning process.
The following features shall be available to the registered students:
Integrated Multimedia Courseware: Once registered, learners will have access to personalized learning space (My Page). This includes self-instructional material, related audio/video, slides, self-check exercises, etc., weaved in one platform.
- Online Counselling and Mentoring: Webcast-based counselling integrated with text-based chatting facility shall be used for counselling purposes. There shall be around 10-12 counselling sessions of one hour duration each.
Online Project Platform: Templates shall be made available for synopsis submission, project uploading and evaluation.
8. Programme Fee:
- For Indian Applicants: Rs. 7000.00
- For Applicants from SAARC Countries: $ 450
- For Applicants from Non-SAARC Countries: $ 1400
9. Job Opportunities: Many national and international organizations are in search of professionals who are keen to understand and learn the global issues of conservation, development, livelihood improvement, etc. This course will be a guide-post in joining those organizations.
Those who are interested to continue their research in multi-disciplinary fields will get theoretical understanding in choosing their career. The successful students may join as project officers/environmental experts in NGOs, industries and academic institutions.
10. Useful Links for Further Information: