2. Name of the Programme: M.Sc. in Climate Change Impacts Management
3. Duration: 2 Years.
4. No. of Seats: 30 Seats (25 regular and 5 special fee seats)
5. Brief write-up on the Programme: The objective of this programme is to equip the students with knowledge in Climate Change and skills to facilitate appropriate mitigation and adaptation strategies in conjunction with the larger development agenda of our country.
This programme aims to provide students with a clear understanding of the main issues related to climate change (causes, impacts, mitigation and adaptation). The course contains various perspectives on basic science of climate change, its consequences and management of vulnerability along with the actions societies have taken to address its potential and actual impacts. Study on natural processes and human activities, which alter the composition of the oceans and the atmosphere, and trigger climate change at different temporal and spatial scales, will develop a basic conceptual understanding of the complexity of the climate system, systems of energy flow, atmospheric and ocean circulations, records and indicators of climate change, and the observed and potential effects of anthropogenic climate change on human and natural systems. Understanding of international responses and individual responsibility for future challenges will be developed. The course will also provide knowledge basis of modeling climate change impacts, theoretical basis and methodologies of models used for predicting climate change.
Semester system would be followed and each academic year will be divided into two semesters, with last semester (six months) exclusively for dissertation and research work.
- The minimum requirement for admission to the course is Graduates in Science / Economics / Engineering / Agriculture / Forestry / Rural Studies / Development Studies / Management / Geography, etc., with at least 55% score.
- A student from any university (other than Gujarat University, Ahmedabad) has to produce provisional eligibility certificate from Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, along with the Application Form.
- Entrance Test will be conducted and syllabi for that will be of general climate and weather science of graduate level.
7. Selection Criteria: Admission will be solely on the merit list based on the scores in the Entrance Test (60%) and marks in the final year of graduate degree (40%).
8. Programme Fee:
- Rs. 20,000/- per semester for regular seat
- Rs. 30,000/- per semester for special fee seat
- Rs. 1,000/- to be collected as examination fee per semester
9. Contact Details:
At Gujarat University –
Dr. Y. T. Jasrai
Head & Professor, Department of Botany, School of Sciences,
Gujarat University Campus), Ahmedabad
Phone: +91 (079) 26302578
At CEE –
Dr. R. Gopichandran
Program Director, Industry Initiatives,
Centre for Environment Education (CEE), Ahmedabad
Phone: (079) 26844819, 820
Fax: (079) 2685 8010
11. Related Links: