2. Name of the Programme: Science & Policy of Climate Change (Online Programme)
3. Duration: 12 Weeks
4. No. of Seats: Flexible
5. Brief Write-up on the Programme: This eight-week, blended learning program has been jointly developed by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) and the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES), in collaboration with the World Bank Tokyo Development Learning Centre (TDLC).
The program follows an inter-disciplinary approach and is enriched by audio, video, and interactive web-based content. It uses the latest information and communication technology (ICT) tools and techniques and also employs a unique format of learning through video conferencing by utilizing the facilities of the Global Development Learning Network (GDLN), an initiative started and developed by the World Bank in 2000.
The programme will commence with an introductory video-conference session that will provide an overview of the course structure and the core concepts.
The 12-week programme will consist of four learning modules spread over three weeks each. The duration of each module will be 20-25 learning hours. The programme will be delivered through a blended learning format comprising video-recorded lectures, academic articles and multimedia among others. It will be made available through the Moodle learning management system.
Module 1 – Science of Climate Change
Module 2 – Impacts of Climate Change
Module 3 – Understanding Climate Change
Module 4 – Action and Political Economy
At the end of the programme, there will be a concluding video-conference during which a synthesis of the concepts presented throughout the course modules will be provided. The session will also summarize key themes and present the way forward.
On successful completion of the programme, the participants will be awarded a joint certificate from TERI, IGES and TDLC.
6. Eligibility: The programme has been customized for: Development Practitioners; Policy Makers; Corporate Sector; and Graduates and Mid-level Professionals. The participants should have proficiency in English language, and also strong commitment and subject interest.
7. Programme Fee: US $ 250 per participant. 20-40% scholarship may be offered to undergraduate students, unemployed and low income participants.
8. Useful Links for Further Information: http://esdonline.org/spcc/