2. Name of the Programme: Post Graduate Programme in Sustainable Management (PGPSM)
3. Duration: 2 Years
4. Brief write-up on the Programme: PGPSM is a two-year full time, residential programme. It is designed to help managers develop an ethos of environment and social responsibility and equip them with holistic thinking and skills to handle varied sustainability challenges in a dynamic and unpredictable environment.
The curriculum is designed to develop and hone management and leadership skills to formulate and solve problems at the appropriate scale, and help students recognize the interconnectedness of economic performance of business with coupled social and environmental systems. Students would also be able to produce policy-relevant results.
Specifically, the programme will focus on:
a) Environmental, social and economic sustainability
b) Change management preparation
c) Critical perspectives on policy and institutions
d) Cross-sector collaboration
e) Focus on management and policy analysis
f) Systemic linkages among environmental, social, and economic issues
5. Eligibility: Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST/PWD category) or equivalent, with at least two years professional experience.
6. Selection Criteria: Admission to PGPSM will be done based on Common Admission Test (CAT) Score (GMAT Score for NRI Candidates). Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their CAT/GMAT Scores would have to appear in Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
7. Programme Fee: INR 10,80,000 for Two Years (Four Semesters) [As on September 18, 2013]
In addition to the Programme Fee, the students will be required to pay the Alumni Membership Fee & Refundable Deposits towards the following heads: Library Deposit, Computer Deposit and Mess Deposit.
8. Tentative Dates/Months related to Admission:
Issue of Application Forms: September
Submission of Filled-in Application Forms: November 25, 2013
Registration for CAT: August – September
Common Admission Test (CAT): October – November
CAT Results: January
GD & PI: End of February Onwards
Course Commencement: June
9. Contact Details:
Indian Institute of Management,
Prabandh Nagar, Off Sitapur Road,
Lucknow – 226013
Uttar Pradesh, India
Prof. Sushil Kumar
Phone: +91-522-2734101 Ext: 6655 | +91-8004922090
Prof. Shamama Afreen
Phone: +91-522-2734101 Ext: 6619 | +91-7753838256
Mr. A. P. Singh
Phone: +91-522-2734101 Ext: 6989
10. URL: http://www.iiml.ac.in/PGPSM.pdf
11. Website: www.iiml.ac.in